Sci Innovation Centre has once again partnered with 20+ organizations to host Sci Innovation Competition for the 4th year in a row. Sci Innovation Centre will invite 10 -15 promising tech ventures from Canada to represent Canada at 4th China (Shenzhen) Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (IEIC) this November in Shenzhen.
Highlights of Previous Years (2017-2019)
Who are we looking for?
- Companies with strong IP and deep tech solutions for a global market in Biology and Life Science, New Material and New Energy, Advanced Manufacturing, Electronics and Information Technology.
- Companies wanting to do business or establish partnerships (investment, distribution, manufacturing) in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
- Companies looking for investment of $1M or above.
- Electronics (Hardware)
- Information Technology (Software)
- Materials & Energy (Cleantech)
- Biology & Life Science
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Companies with advances in Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things will be invited to additional pitches.
- Companies with advances in prevention, detection, or treatment of the COVID-19 and other viruses will be invited to a special pitch.
Benefits for winners
- We will give the winning companies cash awards ranging from C$10,000 to C$200,000 each plus an expense-paid trip to Shenzhen, China for a week in November this year.
- We will invite selected companies to visit headquarters of leading tech companies such as Tencent, BYD, DJI, Mindray and Huawei in Shenzhen.
- We will give the company free access to China High Tech Fair, and discount to secure a booth there.
- We will identify, introduce and negotiate specific investors and potential JV partners for the company and vet all prospective partners with our network on the ground in China’s Great Bay Area.
- We will make sure that the pitch deck, investor deck and terms sheets are all aligned for Chinese strategic partners.
- We will help the companies apply for Canadian Small Business Loan of up to 1 million dollars.
Application and Admission
Send the latest Business Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your Business Plan online.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Canada Division Final: Sept, 2020
Global Final Competition and Commercialization Trip to Shenzhen: Nov, 2020
On April 12th, 2019, Top winners from Canada, led by the Sci Innovation Centre, competed in the Global Finals of the China (Shenzhen) Innovation & Entrepreneurship International Competition in Shenzhen, China.
The International Competition gathered together 137 finalists who were successful in the earlier rounds held across ten international innovation cities, including Toronto, Sydney, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Madrid, Stockholm, Boston, Silicon Valley, and London. Due to its growing international stature, this competition has come to be known as the ‘Innovation Olympics.’
The competition saw an all-time high level of participation with 1,850 participants. After several rounds of fierce competition, the Canadian delegation performed exceptionally well in the championship at the Grand Finale, claiming the top three prizes on the international stage.
- Qidni Labs, the world’s smallest blood purification system, took the top prize.
- Genecis Bioindustries Inc., the environmental plastics microbiology factory, won the runner-up prize.
- Fibos Inc., the ultra-high temperature multi-function sensor, won the third prize.
The Canadian delegation took a total of 10 awards, and it was the highest-ranking team in the International Competition. In addition to the three top prize winners, seven more medals were awarded to the following Canadian competitors in various divisions, including:
- Material & Energy 1st prize – Genecis Bioindustries Inc.
- Biology & Life Science 1st prize – Rapid Novor Inc.
- Advanced Manufacturing 3rd prize – Nanodevice Solutions (Toronto company)
- Internet of things 1st prize: Fibos Inc.
- Internet of things 2nd prizes: ARHT Media Inc. (Toronto company) & Qidni Labs
- Fintech 2nd prize: Kalepso
We are very proud of the Canadian delegation that represented Sci Innovation Centre (Toronto) with some of the new brightest innovative projects that Canada has to offer. The success that these competitors saw during the International Finals are a true testament that Canada is a global leader in the technology and innovation space, and we are excited to continue to work with these companies and help foster their growth.
Innovation operates in a world without borders. The Sci Innovation Centre will carry on with the honorable mission to promote innovation at the highest level internationally, including China and Canada.
City of Shenzhen
China’s Most Competitive and Innovative City
China’s Greater Bay Area and Guangdong Province GDP and Population
Greater Bay Area Fortune 500 (High-Tech Field)
Sci Innovation Centre (Toronto)
Find us at the office
Suite 607, 1 Concorde Gate, Toronto, ON M3C 3N6
Give us a ring
+1 (647) 675-7212